SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Hmm... I think I am in love with a blue fridge? Help please!

ontariomom
10 years ago

Well, maybe not true love, but a definite infatuation with a Heartland FD counter depth blue fridge (see link at bottom). I admit I go weak in the knees at the sight of blue in general.

So here is what I wondered, If I did want to incorporate a blue fridge in my kitchen, what other choices would I need to make to make it look good? It seems to me that there will be a lot of stainless in my kitchen and I am not all that fussed on a huge stainless fridge box. I realize that I could spring for a cabinet covered fridge, but that is very pricey. Before considering this fridge, we had on our short list the following:

Cream painted perimeter cabinets
Different colour island cabinets open to suggestions
other appliances stainless including a stainless island hood
flooring is to be a medium stained maple (I would describe as a light milk chocolate colour)
counter tops undecided
Decorative glass down to cabinet hutch (see picture)
Decorative plates (that are blue - see image below)

Here is my floor plan and one part of an elevation picture (note the elevation picture is not up to date at all, but it does show the glass cabinet). The next photo is the decorative plates that will go on a shallow display shelf where marked and the link at the bottom is the object of affection (the blue fridge). Can anyone help me design around this blue fridge? Or should I take a cold shower, walk on and learn to love the stainless ones?

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Heartland FD blue fridge

Comments (26)