SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

Super white or black granite, help me choose.

debrak_2008
11 years ago

We sorta fell in love with Super White quartzite and really love black.

Here is a photo showing our kitchen cabinet (center). At the top are Labrador granite samples. On the bottom are Super White samples. To the right is Cambrian black. To the left is our flooring.

{{!gwi}}

We choose the floor to coordinate with the rest of the house. Saw example of similiar flooring with our cabs and thought is looked good. I realize that many don't think so but this is what we have.

Layout is an L with a 70 x 42" island. Appliances are all black with a SS chimney hood (bs tile behind it), SS sink. Plan to be here for a very long time. Nothing is installed yet.

So what counter do we choose?

All Super white? It is over budget. How will that look with our other choices?

All Labrador or cambrian black? Love the look of black and cherry cabs. Labrador is much less than cambrian and has more character. Is black the "safe" choice?

Black on L, white on island? Best of both worlds? Would be budget friendly. Would we tire of the 2 granite look?

The backsplash is a concern as it has to be installed before the range hood so we can't wait that long. Thinking of gray tiles like the darker grays of the super white. Gray wall color? DH wants to paint before anything is installed so need to decide.

Also have thought of an autumn leaf color theme with some bolder colors. Maybe just with accessories. Don't want a boring kitchen. No calm or serene, want some drama while not going to Vegas. Like thunderstorms.

Thoughts please! Help talk me through these choices.

Comments (18)