SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
credomk_gw

Which baskets should I use on this ledge? (Pics included)

credomk
14 years ago

Now that we've painted, we're slowly working on accessorizing and other decor. The designer we worked with for the paint suggested putting baskets on the architectural ledge in our two-story entry, but I've had a hard time finding much of a selection. These are the ones I've found right now that I think might work. I'd really appreciate feedback on which, if any, of the arrangements work and how they could be improved. Thanks!

(Please ignore the top of the ladder visible in each picture. I didn't feel like moving it between each shot.)

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 5:

Option 6:

Option 7:

The two baskets that are most similar (the large ones) are from Pier 1. I did find another one from there yesterday that coordinates with them--same finish but different shape. It's the long-necked one in this picture:

I'm wondering if it would be best to have three that are all the same texture but different shapes, or if I should break it up a bit.

I'm also open to putting some faux botanicals (I know, anathema to some) in some of the baskets to give some extra height and interest.

More pictures of my foyer are in the thread linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting update, with pictures

Comments (19)