SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn53562

Kitchen decorating help needed

carolyn53562
14 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions for decorating the space to the right of the door in the picture to make it look more balanced with the left side of the door? We don't have enough of the 4 x 4 backsplash tile ( and can't get more, although we have plenty of mosaic tile) to extend the backsplash to that wall. Starting over with the backsplash is not an option. The door leads to a porch and was a last minute addition. We probably should have had the cabinets on the wall to the right of the door wrap around the corner so that they better matched the cabinets to the left of the door, but it is probably too late to do anything about that now. Does anyone have any ideas for this space? I have thought of putting in a chair rail even with the bottom of the upper cabinet and then painting the area below the chair wall a color that is a shade lighter than the 4 x 4 backsplash, but then decided that would might look too much like I was trying to fake a backsplash. Is my best option to put something decorative (wine rack?) that is about the height that a backsplash would be to fill up the area that looks like it should have a backsplash? Should I just hang a vertical grouping of pictures in the space to the left of the cabinet? I am not a creative person, so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen

Comments (8)