SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1401217

Need Help Finding BR Rug/Have a Tricky Combination...

User
16 years ago

I want to keep a neutral palette in my MB. I have black furniture and black/cream toile quilted bedding. I have those same colors in the curtain panels on my slider, in Country Curtain's black Buffalo check. I had an upholstered chair done in the same colors in a mini check.

The room is large, and walls are painted creamy white with pumpkin pine floors. The furniture was just brought in today. It really is striking, and a nice mix of feminine (the toile) and masculine (the checks.)

But I am going to need some area rugs - some for the bedsides to step out on. And one for the reading area where the chair and lamp are.

The house overlooks a lake. I have a beautiful, large framed pen & ink drawing of a loon (framed in black wood) that was my inspiration piece when I began planning the room. The arms of the chair are carved loons (painted all black.)

I'm not sure what to get for rugs. I don't think I ought to go plaid or check - I'm worried about how a floral will mix with the toile - and I don't want to do anything "loon" as the chair arms and framed piece are just enough of a coordinating touch without it becoming a theme room.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH