SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisgrasso

Need help with colors for redecorating master BR

loisgrasso
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I really need help with color selection for the walls and curtains to complete my master BR. Besides the furniture, the only things staying are the white down comforter and the painting above the bed. There is a large walk-in closet/dressing room adjacent to the BR which also will be included. The main issues that I'd love input on are:

1- paint color for walls

- Would like to pick up a color from the painting (last pic)

- I'm thinking a neutral tone and then add pops of color with curtains, pillows, and maybe a chair. Getting rid of the TV for sure.

- should the walls all be the same color or could I do an accent color on one wall or in the dressing area?

2- Rugs

- I'd love to keep the hardwood exposed and just do an area rug under the bed and a neutral berber in the dressing area/closet (no hardwood exists on these floors)

- Or would wall to wall be best given the lack of hardwood floors in the dressing area/closet

3- Curtains

- I just purchased the melon colored ombre curtains (have more panels), nice weight linen fabric but can return if you think they don't work.

I know I am asking a lot; however, I don't trust my design ability and I love Houzz for inspiration and products. No suggestion will offend me....so what do you think?

Comments (16)