SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spider96

Please help me make a decision about inset vs other

spider96
13 years ago

I am so torn about whether to do inset cabinets or or frameless. Here are my pros and cons list:

Inset Pros: I love the look, we will be in the house a long time...I have no idea how long, but it could be our "forever home", I think there's enough space that the loss of space isn't a huge issue, we can afford to do it

Inset Cons: Loss of space, my fear that someone won't get the install right and a paneled appliance will be sticking out, cost, we are already building way above the price for the houses in our section of the neighborhood (sound familiar?). We are already doing soapstone and high end appliances, so our kitchen will be **WAY** over what it should be for the neighborhood. I think that's what's getting to me the most.

I keep going back and forth. My sensible side says go frameless. I like the look, and it will give us more space and keep the cost more reasonable. Then I see pictures and I want inset again and tell myself I could be staring at these cabinets for 15-20 years or more and don't want to kick myself.

Tell me what to do please!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz