SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bayareafrancy

Clock ticking: please make this decision for me! DW: pull or knob

bayareafrancy
16 years ago

Ok, I've gotta get this figured out! It's a teeny detail, and I'm stuck! Help!!

Cabinet guy wants to put the DW panel together, but I can't decide knob vs pull (and I have to decide fast, cause the handle goes on before the panel can).

My original design has a knob, so the DW is the same as its "sister cabinet" on the other side of the sink. (Pardon the cardboard drawer fronts that I made) Then, the skinny trash pull-out on the end (next to DW) has a pull. Like this.

But, a pull on the BIG dishwasher would be so much more functional. And the trash cab is so skinny. It looks good with the little knob. So switch em. Like this.

But while this design seems to make more sense, it is different from my original vision of complimentary units on either side of the sink. I'm sure this agonizing over knob vs pull will soon be a forgotten memory. But of course, right now I'm STUCK.

Please unstick me. Which do you think looks better? That's what I really want to know: which looks better? Please make your decision with certainty and authority, so I can just do whatever you tell me and be done with this!

Thank you!!

Francy

(I hope you tell me that the pull on the DW looks great, b/c that is the "functional choice." No, no, forget I said that!! Do NOT let me influence you! Does the knob look better??? Forget function. It's all about appearance! My gut tells me to go with the pull. AHHHHHH! Be quiet gut! Stop talking to me. *fingers in ears* I'm not listening to you gut. La La La. I can't hear you. I'm only listening to the GWers.)

Comments (18)