SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aussies_gw

Dazed and confused ... can't seem to make decisions!

aussies
16 years ago

I'm starting to feel a little ridiculous here. Making decisions is usually not really my forte anyway, but in trying to plan our kitchen remodel, I seem to have lost all ability to make any decisions. I keep second-guessing everything.

As an example, we started off planning to have maple cabinets, but after a couple of months of that not feeling quite right, we decided to go with dark cherry cabinets. I felt great about this for a couple of months. Now we're trying to pick out a granite and floor, and I'm starting to get cold feet about the dark cabinets. I think part of this was triggered by noticing in a kitchen book that there were dark cabinets in a couple of "before" pictures, with captions like "we replaced the dark, gloomy, outdated cabinets with lighter cabinets to make the room feel lighter and more inviting" ... or something like that. Plus I saw a picture of a kitchen with white cabinets somewhere, and I started to think hmmm maybe we should go with white cabinets and walnut floors ... ! I'm sure that if we went down this route though, we would probably found ourselves back at maple cabinets and just keep going round in circles!

I don't know. I think I'm just scared because it's going to cost a lot of money and I'm really worried about ending up regretting our decisions.

Did anyone else feel hopelessly indecisive??

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!