SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaisermust

Can you 'shop' a mattress & other mattress questions

kaisermust
14 years ago

Looking to buy a new KING size mattress set (yikes, they come with king size prices!). Of course we're going to shop for it locally and most stores never offer fantastic deals on king sets but...can you "shop" a particular mattress name & style among your local stores or do Sealy, Simmons, etc. make XYZ mattress name for this store and MNO mattress name for that store, etc.? We're just starting to look and you know it gets confusing going from store to store and trying to remember how the mattress felt in the previous store--is this mattress the same in ther second store even though it has a different name & cover fabric, etc. Can you comparison shop brand name mattresses from store to store? Also, it's been over 15 years since our last mattress set and now they have such things as "eurotops". I don't think we want one of those because I've read some opinions that you're really just feeling the effects of the eurotop, not the mattress itself, but for those of you who have purchased a mattress set lately, did you buy a "eurotop" or just a conventional mattress set and why? I know we don't want memory foam since we've slept on one of those while on vacation. Any advice to bring us up to speed on buying a mattress set would be welcome since it's been so long since we purchased our last set that we realize you can no longer flip your mattress over to extend its life, just turn 180 degrees top to bottom.

Comments (14)