SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Mattress toppers for dorm room bedding and other dorm essentials

Valerie Noronha
12 years ago

DS is going away to college this fall. He will start mid-Sept, but we want to get his stuff early while there is still good selection.

So far, I've purchased his twin XL bedding and towels, plus an allergy/bed bug mattress protector. I'd also like to get him some sort of mattress topper as I understand dorm mattresses can be skimpy and uncomfortable.

I've seen a few different types in the ads for BB&B, basically the egg crate style or a memory foam topper, not sure which would be better. He'll be attending UC San Diego, so I don't believe it gets too hot there. I've heard memory foam can get warm.

We're still waiting to hear back on his dorm assignment; most rooms are either single or triples, both suite style. I imagine he may be lounging around on his bed, studying, esp. if he is in a triple which is quite cramped. Perhaps I should also get him some type of body pillow or armchair pillow?

I don't want to purchase him too much stuff until we know if he's in the single or triple as realistically, if he's in a triple, he won't have much space.

But, if there are any other essentials that a college guy might would appreciate, please let me know.

We are also thinking about the mini-refrigerator, microwave, and possibly a printer; but will wait on that until we know more about the roommate situation.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio