SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacebrandon

I want to paint my living room/ kitchen a warm gray or taupe.

lacebrandon
12 years ago

I am wanting to paint my kitchen and living room a warm gray or taupe. Will one of these colors even work with what I have?

My kitchen cabinets are a Valspar White with silver pulls. I just painted the cabinets last year so I am not wanting to change those. All the appliances are white also. I am "considering" spraying the pulls and hinges with a oil rubbed bronze spray paint (I am on a tight budget). I will be replacing the light fixture probably with a oil rubbed bronze one. The most important thing is that the kitchen and the living room are like one big room so the color needs to look good in both. The living room has a big sectional. It's brown not dark brown but not tan either. The entertainment center and kitchen table are both java colored. The walls have chair rail which is painted the same white as the cabinets, trim, etc. These rooms get a lot of natural light during the day but have very poor lighting at night.

A BIG thing is we have a wood wall to work around.

What warm gray or taupe have you used, loved, or heard about? Or if you don't think these colors will work what colors will? Pictures welcomed

I don't want too light because I have a rather messy three year old (fingerprints!) but I don't want it to feel like a cave either. Also no purple or blue undertones. I would prefer a true gray or slight green undertones.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood wall similar to mine

Comments (2)