SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
constantinople_gw

Kitchen Layout Help - Built in Tower Confusion

constantinople
13 years ago

I need some feedback on the layout of a kitchen (new build). I have played around with some layout ideas, but am not attached to anything at this point. One idea that I had, which could change, was to not use a standard slide in or free standing range, but use a number of built-ins and a 36" induction cooktop. The problem I am having is finding a suitable place for the built-in tower. The windows in my floor plan seem to be getting in my way, so I would be interested in some other ideas. Maybe a traditional range is more workable.

Some notes: 1) the kitchen cutout shows asymmetrical windows in the kitchen -- this is an error in the plans, 2) ignore the counters, etc. in the cutout, 3) I used the ikea website to experiment with the floor plan, but I have no intention of using ikea cabinets (they will be locally built, so what I can do is limited only by imagination [could be a problem!]). Using their tools limits the bits and pieces you can place on the floor plan, so you'll have to use your imagination. Things like the island in this show about 36" clearance -- that is mainly due to ikea island requirements -- but I guess more than 36" would be better...?

Thanks.

Kitchen Cutout

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)