SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnamichelle_gw

I'm keeping the wood paneling but...(pics)

shawnamichelle
14 years ago

I need help decorating! Please forgive the boxes and random lamps (hand-me-downs). We will be getting a new ceiling fixture at some point as well as a fireplace door. We just moved in and I have a 2 year old plus I'm pregnant so we're slow getting things done. : )

The wood is cypress and I love it! It's original to the home (1957). This room is our cozy den off the kitchen with a wood burning fireplace. We have a "formal" living room at the front of the house. So this room we just want to be a spot for the family to curl up and watch a movie or play games.

I'm looking for your ideas for curtains, primarily. The rug is too light, I know but won't be changed b/c it's brand new. I'm going to get some kind of rug to put over it in an area. I also want new pillows for the couch. What colors would look nice with the wood? I like the reds in there now. Oh, and the furniture is staying, excpet for maybe that recliner by the door. So maybe stick with reds and greens and creams??? Would blue curtains work? Remember, we just move in last month and threw up the drapes we had for privacy. I actually want to use them in the lr anyway.

Advice? Thanks so much in advance!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH