SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

I'm getting ready to paint the paneling and have ?? (pics)

Robbi D.
16 years ago

I've painted one end of the room BM Shaker Beige, which I really like. Here is a pic...(the color looks green on my monitor which I don't see IRL).

{{gwi:1544612}}

I basically like the arrangement, but it could use some tweaking. I don't like the lamp arrangement either. Does the back corner need something bigger or fuller? I'd like a clock somewhere in this area, too. The console the TV is on it temporary and it's possible we would hang the TV on the wall.

My main question is about the color of paint. I've picked out a few, but I'm hesitant because of other elements in the room. I like the cow hide rug and would like to put another rug at the other end of the room (the one that is there will go), but I'm not sure what will go with it. Any suggestions?

We're also going to replace the chair with the ottoman and a new couch. I'd like to have a plan before I just started painting the walls (paneling) since it will be a very big job.

Here's a pic of the other end of the room where we will painting. All but the very top part (which you can't see) of the ceiling will be painted. (The kids are enjoying all that empty space!!)

{{gwi:1544613}}

Here is a layout I've thought I'd use. I'm open for suggestions there as well. I would like to leave the TV where it is because of all the wiring involved.

{{gwi:1544614}}

So, I'm thinking I need to start with a rug that coordinates with the cowhide and then I could pick fabrics for a couch and chair and paint?

Dh says the Shaker Beige is too light for him (he called it white), so we're open to color. The area where the Shaker Beige is gets very little natural light, so it is good for that side of the room. The area to be painted has sky lights, so there is a lot of natural light during the day. I was thinking Olive Branch or a golden color? I'm just not sure where to start except I'm ready to paint!

Thanks!!

Robbi

Comments (14)