SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Painted Panel Covered Den-What Type of Window Coverings? PICS

eldemila
13 years ago

Well, after much thought and discussion, we ended up painting the panel covered den in the 1960's house we purchased. We knew we were going to replace the original floor, which is almost completed with new tile, and we bought a darker brown couch that we knew would not only go with the paneling, but hide any potential dirt (clay soil, it's bound to get something on it!) In the interm, we also replaced the original windows with vinyl replacement windows, and though I did like the original cornices and wish we could have painted/kept them, when DH said keep them off I agreed, and actually was glad I did.

We are at the last stages of finishing this room and I'm not sure what window coverings would look good on these windows. I'm thinking 1/2" mini blinds? I really want something with an inside mount but don't have too much space to play with. Other windows in the house do have 1/2" blinds, so I know these can be accomodated.

We painted the wall Behr's Ultra Artists Canvas, a creamy off-white color. I don't want to go with more brown since the couch is brown and I think that's enough brown.

Here's a few pictures to help with giving any advice or suggestions.

Before:

Couch will stay in same position within the room

Work in progress, but I think you can get the jist of it

Tiles are off white with a creamy peach trim on edges:

Color on the left wall:

The windows are double hung, if that info helps.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!

Comments (13)