SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Help! Where Should We Add Cover Panels/Crown? (PICS)

bellajourney
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I need to call on your expertise again!

DH COMPLETELY surprised me this morning by doing a rough mockup of a Mini Crown for our Adel White cabinets! It's only 1/2" tall, so it won't eat up a ton of our already small undercabinet space.

We had 16" of space between the uppers and countertop, BUT, that was including a 3/4" light rail. If we do away with the light rail (our undercabinet lights are VERY thin and DH will route a hole for them so they cannot be seen), we will still have 16.25" of space. Or, we could add a mini 1/2" crown AND a 1/2" light rail on the bottom which would give us 15.75" (I think I can live with that since I was expecting 16"!)

The look we're going for is clean, simple, elegant cottage. We will have glass knobs, cup pulls, a victorian facucet, that type of thing.

Here are the options:

1) Side Panel Only (we have to use the side panel)

2) Side and Bottom Panels

3) Side, Bottom and Top Panels

4) Side, Bottom and Top Panel with Flat Overhang (top piece is just a 1/2" tall piece of wood with flat edge)

5) Side, Bottom, Top Panel with Angled Overhang (top piece is just a 1/2" tall piece of wood with angled edge)

6) Side and Ogee Crown (a crown with various bevels, not sure if ogee is the right term)

7) Side, Bottom and Ogee Crown

Ogee Crown Closeup

Thank you all SO very much for your opinions and assistance! We are hoping to get this decided by tonight so DH can keep working on the kitchen.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida