SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Please show me your white appliances with white cabinets!

artemis78
13 years ago

For any of you with white cabinets and white appliances in your kitchens---I would love to see a photograph! (Have been through the FKB but not a huge number of examples where all of the appliances were white, and hoping there may be some new kitchens out there with this combo.)

We finally settled (I thought?) on creamy off-white cabinets with Shaker doors for our 1915 California bungalow. We also plan to use white appliances, as we're not big stainless fans, and we already have a white vintage range. However, DH is also very concerned about having a kitchen that seems *completely* white. We're going with dark counters, bright wall colors and backsplash, and checkerboard linoleum floor, so there is some color in there. We only have uppers on one wall---but they will cover it completely and run to the ceiling. The hood will be stainless, and the range is trimmed in chrome. Does this seem like enough variety to keep it from being a monolithic white kitchen, or do we need to mix this up more to avoid that?

Alternatives we're considering are 1) gray cabinets instead of white, or 2) going stainless for the dishwasher and fridge. (We aren't in the price range for paneled appliances, but both come in stainless or white; black is only an option for the dishwasher.) We could also potentially put glass in the upper cabinets and paint the insides to match the wall color, but these will house pantry items (i.e., things that aren't pretty to look at) so not sure glass is a great plan.

If we stick with white appliances across the board, is this going to scream white? Would love any other thoughts on ways to offset the whiteness short of changing the cabinet color, too. Does anyone have a white-on-white kitchen that really works to share?

Thanks!

Comments (5)