SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

Please help! 2nd attempt at layout!

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

My kitchen is 18 1/2 X 10 ½" and opens to a Great Room. Kitchen window is fixed so canÂt be moved. Budget has been pushed to the limit and the time crunch is on so canÂt do anything too drastic. Please share which layout you like best and why as well as any potential problems you anticipate? IÂve included what I see as pros & cons of each layout and am open to suggestions. Wish I could go back to the drawing board and start over, but I canÂt so need to make minor tweaks and decide which option I can live with.

{{!gwi}}

Plan #1: Pros: triangle between frig, sink & cooktop is more efficient. Cons: cooktop will require a downdraft which is more $$ and not as efficient. I donÂt do much high heat cooking or frying (except bacon). Downdraft will use up more cabinet space below cooktop.

{{!gwi}}

Plan #3: Door swing will be opposite of what is shown. Pros: cooktop can have a direct vent hood. Cons: distance between frig and cooktop is 14Â. IÂm really struggling with the "inefficiency" of all those extra steps but donÂt know how to fix it.

In plan #3, would you put microwave on upper shelf between frig & pantry or in island near frig side? I use MW to defrost and reheat leftovers, not for baking.

Thanks so much!

Comments (29)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!