SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cristalight

Best color for Shutters, baseboards, crown moldings?

cristalight
16 years ago

Hi !!!

We've been remodeling our house for some months now, and the time has come to chose the color for teh baseboards, crown moldings, trims. etc..

I always knew i wanted trims and moldings really white, I love the Colonial look... so I first chose the color for the plantation shutters, which is bright white. I've always loved the contrast of white trims, mouldings, etc.

But when I started looking for baseboards, crown molding, etc the guy from the crown molding company told me the white white looks cheap, that is better to go with swiss coffee (???) Specially because I eventually want to install wainscoting in some rooms, and the white white would look "too white"

So I've put the shutters on hold, till I decide on the color... but I just can't.

I'm having dark hardwood flooring installed all around the house. I like colored walls, but i don't think i would go with very dark colors...

Putting the two colors together the swiss coffee looks too beige, but if I put against some other color looks white-y.

What do you guys suggest?

Comments (7)