SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Please help me with backsplash options!!! (pics)

jakabedy
14 years ago

Yes, another backsplash thread. (sigh). But I do come armed with choices rather than simply confusion. (I have been dwelling in the confusion on my own for many months now). This is the current kitchen. It is a bit Partridge Family meets the OK Corral, and it has to go. The new fridge will be boxed in, the upper cabs and soffit are all coming out and a stainless range and hood are going in. The whole wall behind the range (8'W x 5.5' high) will be backsplash.

The new cabinets will be IKEA Nexus Yellow-brown cabinets with (most likely) a light quartz countertop like the photo below. We'll have less prominent hardware, though. (Thank you, whoever's kitchen this is!).

Below is a backsplash tile I've fallen in love with. Our home is a very organic MCM with rough wood beams, panelling, dark pavers on the floor, and wooded views out three sides. So the plan is to keep the backsplash on the "earthy" side of things rather than the "modern" side of things. I'm a bit concerned about the groutiness of it, but I guess that is a part of the uneven tile look. (1) and (4) are a gloss finish and (2) and (3) a matte finish, but all of the mixes come in either finish.

Your thoughts on these?

1)

{{!gwi}}

2)

{{!gwi}}

3)

4)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sumi-e stacked brick tile

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews