SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vsj22_gw

BackSplash Choices, long story, lots of pics!

VSJ22
12 years ago

My BackSplash Saga

I did a kitchen reno two years ago, just the bare minimum, stained the cabinets, changed the appliances, granite countertops(Kashmir White) and the part I was most excited about was the backsplash tile. I picked this tile thinking it was just perfect (because I love the crackle glass look) and after it was installed it had this slight hint of green. Cannot tell you how much grief this caused me!!

You can see the slight hint of green in the finished kitche pic below

Now, two years later, I'm doing a reno of this kitchen. We're keeping the cabinets and the floors. We're changing out the appliances, fixtures and countertops, all of which have been purchased!!

A year ago, I couldn't take the bright yellow any longer so we painted (Benjamin Moore Frappe), got the drapes and the dinette set. I could repaint, could get new drapes but the dining set stays(I'd be risking my life if I have to get rid of it now)

The Kitchen before the Facelift

After a coat of paint, new drapes and dining set

The granite slab is Bianco Andromeda, on my screen the specs show up brown but its actually burgundy, very similar to the Kashmir white but the slab looks much warmer.

Tile Choice 1

Tile Choice 2

Tile Choice 3

Tile Choice 4

Tile Choice 5

Tile choice 6

Tile choice 7

Tile choice 8

Tile choice 9

Tile choice 10

I've been researching the web and the Garden Web forum for ideas and have come up with a bunch of backsplash options.

I'm so hoping that you all will steer me in the right direction this time, I do not want to walk into this kitchen and look at the backsplash tile and contemplate on selling the house just so that I dont have to look at another mistake :)

So if you think any of these choices work or have another one in mind, please let me know

Thanks so much for reading this.

Comments (14)