SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

What Would YOU do ? Another window question!

tinker_2006
11 years ago

I'm revisiting my windows and what to do!

We bought our home 18 months ago, moved in 9 months ago, and I have slowly progressed from naked windows, to window shades, to wood blinds in all the rooms, except the living room. I have hung curtains and I struggled with what to use, and how to hang the curtains. We are on bay front property, the view is beautiful and I didn't want to cover them up, but I like the curtains, they are a sheer linen.

So, as I look at them now, did I make a mistake hanging the curtains on the wood casing? I see many windows go higher up, but I have only 8' ceilings, and the 84" curtains fit, and I thought it was nicer not to cover the frames...???????

My other, NEW question is blinds. I have asked before and most people felt that blinds weren't needed in this room, and I was fine with that.. until the last couple months here in FL, this south facing window is extremely bright and HOT. I'm sure my chair in the corner will be fading fast, and it is uncomfortable to sit there.... so do you think blinds would detract? or be okay?

From Sideboard Makeover

Comments (10)