SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

My CL purchase - quilter's frame coffee table

funkyart
10 years ago

I saw this piece on CL back in August. It is a coffee table crafted from an antique quilter's frame -- I was enamored with it but couldn't swing the asking price. I made a low ball offer (1/2 the asking price)-- the seller was gracious and countered my offer but it still wasn't in the budget. Fast forward to this past week and the seller contacted me and said she'd accept my offer if I could pick it up Saturday-- which I did.

I love the wooden gears and worn patina of the wood. It's 1/2" glass on top and should be very useful for games, laptops and the occasional meal in front of the tv.

While I had the dimensions, it is bigger than I expected. I wanted a long, high table and it is definitely that.. but it is a bit more imposing in my room than I'd expected. My hope is that by rearranging the room and putting something interesting on the table it will enhance my room rather than dominate it. I also plan to replace my sofa with one that has a higher seat. This will help too. My dad says you need a crane to get out of my sofa. LOL it isnt that bad but it is low and deep.

I LOVE the wooden gears and slightly rustic industrial vibe. Any thoughts on how to visually minimize it's size? Flowers? I have a large funky silver frog from india I could put on top.. and a much smaller brass salamander. Or perhaps a shallow bowl filled with something interesting? I've never styled a coffee table because I like to keep them clear for laptops etc but I think this one requires some styling.

Here are photos from the listing-- not my home.

Comments (13)