SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
groovia

Painting Living, Dining, Den all BM Louisburg Green

groovia
12 years ago

Is it a crazy idea to paint our entire first floor Louisburg Green? It's currently in the DR with wainscoting and we really like it. I've spent the past 2 years trying to come up with some neutral yellow, but with our beige colored chair (in foreground) and yellowy wood floors it seems like a contrasting color would just look nicer.

I've spent the past week trying to find a green to complement or coordinate with the dining room, and my living room decor: red couch and a few vibrant pieces of artwork) and Louisburg Green is the only thing I'm happy with. Svelte Sage, Grassland, and Saybrook Sage are too blue. Olive Branch and Dry Sage are too brown. Rosemary Sprig is too vibrantly green. Anything lighter looks either minty, pastel, or like a Cyber Green New Beetle.

But something is holding me back. It's dark compared to the current color trends. DH is very much against any brown tones and wants a true color.

So is this ridiculous? Will I find it dark and opressive to have it everywhere? Would getting a sample at 75% or 50% be much different from Saybrook Sage?

We would likely do wainscoting throughout, so it would only be the top half. Here's a pic of a view from the front door. You can see the DR before we finished the bottom wainscoting, but it's white on the bottom. (And we have 3 children under 5 so please ignore the toys:-).

Comments (10)