SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Crazy Idea or????

rjinga
14 years ago

(to skip dialog, see question at the end of this post :)

To date, I have decided to keep the moss green oversized chair, redo the legs to a darker stain and recover an ottoman I have to coordinate with it.

Replace the coveted purple couch (wondering if anyone would buy it and for how much like on CL)

Remove (give away, sell or throw away?) the patterned couch

Purchase a new couch and a new recliner, most likely the couch will be a neutral beige mabye even a chennile type fabric? and a leather recliner.

Redo my new CL coffee tables/end tables, possibly black or a dark walnut or something.

Purchase a new rug

QUESTION: I really love the fabric on the patterned couch, I seriously have doubts about anyone buying it (cushions sag in the middle, has a structural issue, cat scratches on the sides, needs a professional cleaning).

HOWEVER, I think I would like to use the fabric from the cushions on the ottoman. That area has always been covered by something, so it's showing minimal wear. I could have it cleaned pretty easily, but I dont want to pay to have the whole couch cleaned just to toss it and for that matter not to sell it either, wouldn't be worth the cost.

Is this just a silly notion? do I need to just say goodbye and move on? here's a picture of the fabric.

Comments (10)