SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Fellow Paint Addicts UNITE!

IdaClaire
12 years ago

Now, I already know that most of you will probably think I am completely nuts (well, probably for a number of reasons, but stay on topic with me), but I think I may truly be addicted to painting. As most of you know, I've recently repainted several rooms in my house (the bathroom's been through numerous incarnations - most recently, repainted within a week because I couldn't stomach the first green I tried there), and lately I've found myself walking through the house trying to decide which room to tackle next. Not that there are any remaining rooms that desperately need painting, but simply because I have to admit that I do enjoy the transformative process. It's instant gratification, and how many other things in the world provide that in such a positive, satisfying way? I'll admit to feeling a bit bogged down when I'm in the midst of a project, but I also find that I do look forward to "my painting time" every day until the work is complete. I think the fact that color has such a profound effect on me is another reason that I enjoy going through the whole color selection process (frustrating though it can be). When the color is right, and you make those first few strokes on the wall and you just know it's right, well, that's a terrific feeling. And as for "my painting time", there is just something about the act itself that I find very relaxing - almost zen, if you will.

So let me hear from my fellow painting addicts. What is it about the whole process that draws you in? Do you also find yourself, once a project is completed, looking forward to transforming yet another room? Please share!

Comments (41)