SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Fellow Dish Addicts: Where Do You Store Yours???

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I have nine sets of dishes including two sets of Christmas dishes. As the holiday season winds down, I've already got my eye on another set of dishes that would work wonderfully for Valentines Day, Mother's Day and other romantic meals . . . no thanks to all you enablers here ;^P (Yes, Kathleen, your gorgeous lavender table has got me dreaming again!)

My question is, where do you store all of your dish sets???? I store my two Christmas sets in a high storage space in my kitchen. My antique set is displayed in my dining room hutch with the green set down in it's lower, closed cab. Three more sets fit into my kitchen drawers and two more under the eating bar . . . just!

My DH will think I've lost my mind totally if I get this other set (it's used, not new, and reasonably priced). I could possibly sell or donate one partial set that I don't particularly care for anymore.

More questions:

~ Does your DH or S/O object to all your sets?

~ Do you buy yours new or seek them out at auctions or consignment shops?

~ How hard is it for you to find just the dinner or salad plates without having to buy the entire sets? I love the idea of mixing up new pieces with ones I already have.

Lynn

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions