SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

L shaped room, do window treatments have to match?(pic)

dirtymartini
13 years ago

Or can they just complement each other?

French doors lead to the pool/patio area, on the west wall. I have raw silk looking panels, like a light sage green, with just a little bit of brown detailing that zig zags through them.

I need a WT for the window on the north wall. Can I just do a brown? But then...what about the material...does it have to be that raw silk look also, or can it be totally different in texture?

Right now, there are just cheap white blinds from the previous owner. They serve their purpose and are pretty unobtrusive,but I don't like how they block the top of the window when opened.

I would like the window to just have one panel, that goes only to one side...the right side (away from the piece of furniture there). I am thinking floor length, just like the french door panels. There is an ottoman pushed against the wall under the window in this picture, but that is not always there.

This is the family room, a very casual room.

Thank you.

P.S. just an aside...the panels on the FD are VERY cheap. I found better quality, but the same pattern (which I love), at Bed Bath and Beyond. I found them at 95" (the ones that I own are 84"). I am thinking of moving the curtain rod up to the very top of the wall and using the 95" panels...I think it will look more dramatic and heighten my 8' ceilings. Of course I would do the same with whatever panel I choose for the window. Opinions?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (9)