SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klavr

Need window treatment ideas. Have pics!

klavr
16 years ago

Hi there,

First off- PLEASE excuse the mess and the green walls. I am in the process of painting right now. Many of you may have given me some ideas for green paint. Originally, that is what I thought I wanted but decided against it. Didn't do anything for the room. You can imagine how bad my DH wants to kill me. Needless to say I have been re-painting all day, by myself!! I am now painting it a very light color called Clamshell (looks pink in the picture, but it's really not)by Behr with an accent wall behind the DR table in Earthtone, a reddish brown. I am liking what I see so far. It really brings out the baltic brown granite. I am really stuck on the window treatments. Can you give me some ideas. There is one window near the dining rooom table and a sliding glass door and 3 windows very close together in the breakfast nook. Not much light comes in, so I would like to allow as much light as possible. However, I do have neighbors directly behind me so privacy is an issue also. Tryng to decide if I should get shutters, or blinds? Valances, and/or panels? What kind? Prints or solids? HELP! So many decisions. Graywritingdog suggested pinched panels from Pottery Barn. I love the idea. Not sure though if I should do that on all of the windows? If so, how do I treat the 3 wondows in the breakfat nook?

BTW - Eventually, I am planning to change the table in the Breakfast Nook to something more casual. Just using what I have until I get around to getting one.

Breakfastnook

Dining Area

Comments (23)