SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelly_k_gw

Would you increase the size of my bkfast nook/area?

shelly_k
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

My bkfast area is 15'8" by 9'8" currently in the plan. We do NOT have a formal dining room, but we do have a 9 foot island that will fit 4 stools.

I expect that as a family of 4, we will do the majority of our eating at the island seats. However, anytime we entertain with friends or family or have anyone over for that matter, I expect to use the bkfast area, probably at least once per week and maybe more as the kids get older??

I will have a built in hutch on one end of the bkfast area and the french doors to the deck on the other side, so I'm happy with the 15'8" measurement. But I'm wondering about the 9'8" measurement? Is that not deep enough? My table right now is rectangular, but what if I wanted a square table? I don't think I could fit that in.

We do plan to stay in this home forever, but one can never plan everything out. So I do think about resale. Since we don't have a formal dining room, I want this space to be able to be converted to formal if needed. I want it to be an appropriate size.

I am thinking of adding 2 feet of depth, which would be an addition of approx. 32 sq feet of space. Is it worth it???

What do you think???

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz