SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_826301462

Need help with area rug for breakfast nook!

Sarah H
4 years ago
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I just put this West Elm banquette and table in my breakfast nook. I need an area rug, but I’m completely stumped! Not sure if I should go with 6’ round or a 4x6 or 5x7 rectangle (5x8 won’t fit) or a 6’ square. Also don’t know if I should go with more of a solid or a pattern! (The little rug under the table is all I had on hand when it was delivered.) My tile is a little visually busy, so I’m not sure a busily-patterned rug would look good. My drapes are a dark turquoise velvet (West Elm). I have touches of dark turquoise as accents and also have soft gold in some pillows, as well as brushed brass cabinet hardware. My kitchen countertops are dark granite - a lot of brown and some black. The paint on the walls is Dunn Edwards Sandcastle. A designer at Pottery Barn suggested a dark grey round rug to anchor the furniture in that space (?). I’ve included pics of my living room as the breakfast area & living room are part of one big living area. Thank you in advance for any suggestions & ideas!

Comments (9)