SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anotherlinda

Breakfast Nook Bay WT help needed - Rods, Medallions, or?

anotherlinda
15 years ago

I would love some input on which way to go with these bay window WTs.

This weekend I found Chris Madden panels and valances at JC Penney on closeout for $39.99 per lined panel pair, $29.99 per Empire valance. I adore the pattern and it "goes" with everything! :::Happy dance:::

I want to create the illusion of a taller slider & windows and thanks to an inspiration pic posted by Brutuses, learned the trick of hanging woven woods "high up" and combined them with panels and/or valances.

This weekend we installed the Roman shades and hung the panels for the slider (2 pair each side). These are decorative only, not needed for privacy. The room feels so much warmer now - we love it!

But now I'm stumped on how to treat the breakfast nook windows. I do have 3 Empire valances in the matching fabric. I've removed the fringe and will line them, and have two pair of the panels (four 28" panels) left.

There is only 9" in between the windows. Shall I simply use the valances only, and forget the panels? I could gather the valances on basic (non decorative) rods over each window.

I like the look of these medallions posted by newhomebuilder: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg040957283611.html but I'm not sure it would look as great as I hope.

Would using one panel in between the bay windows and at the sides be "too much".

Thank you in advance for any ideas and suggestions. I truly appreciate you all!

Linda

Before

After Panels & Shades installed

*love* this fabric

Empire Valance (hastily gathered on a broom handle :) Just to get an idea of the valances....

Comments (10)