SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellij_gw

Please help me update our kitchen!

kellij
13 years ago

Please help me figure out what to do here! Our situation is that we would like to try to list our house for sale either next Spring or Spring '12. So we don't want to invest a ton of money, but think the house will sell better if it's updated. We've already replaced all of the appliciances with stainless steel.

I was thinking that we could do granite tiles to achieve our goals. (Not spend a ton and update to look much nicer). I like the absolute black granite tiles and they are only $5 at HD. I was thinking of doing the tumble marble for the back splash. The problem is that the granite on the black tile needs to be really dark and granite for the marble would look weird so dark. The person installing said they didn't used grout on the backsplash. I don't know how this would look.

So should we do black granite with tumbled marble and no grout on the marble?

Some sort of grout for both?

I found the little tile backsplash yesterday at HD, but it's about $9/foot.

Or we could do granite tiles for backsplash

Or we could do an entirely different color of granite tiles and do that for both BS and counter.

I thought we would just re-paint cabinets white, but I'm really open to suggestions there as well and would love specific colors of white suggestions.

Finally, the hinges were just painted white by former owner. I can't find replacement hinges to go in current holes. Should I just paint white again, or see if I can find something online so they'd be SS?

Also need suggestions for wall paint. There isn't much wall to be painted, it's pretty much either cabinets or windows.

The flooring is red brick pavers.

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (9)