SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homenoobie

Is this messed up or what?

HomeNoobie
12 years ago

Hi all!

We had our pre delivery inspection and I've noticed something that the builder's representative has brushed off.. but kept me up all night!

The guy who did the PDI was a TOTAL JERK. The rudest person I ever met and he probably is affiliated with satan. Being a first time homebuyer, I was pointing out all the issues I could see - to which he would respond with extreme rudeness and deem them "acceptable". Acceptable to whom, I asked, but never got an answer. All the happiness of seeing my new home finished for the first time, gone. Friggin buzzkill.

Now the issue I've identified (and I will post pictures once I figure out how) is that the area where the range is supposed to go, there is countertop overhang on each side of about 1 inch (on each side). Our range is a freestanding one. So the space between the countertops is 30 inches, but the space in between the cabinetry is at least 32 inches, which means there will be a one inch gap on each side! The range hasn't been delivered or installed yet (friday), but I'm stressing out at how ODD this will look! When I mentioned it to the builder, he rudely said "ALL KITCHENS ARE LIKE THIS!!!!!". I don't believe that, and I don't recall any of the kitchens here looking like that.

Any advise? I don't want to lose another night's sleep over this. (I know it's petty, but the entire experience really stressed me out - and that is besides them totally messing up our marble bathroom countertops - another story).

Thanks for listening to my rant and for any advice in advance!

HomeNoobie

Comments (16)