SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webe_gw

Suggestions please - Modifying kitchen in new house

webe
15 years ago

We bought a new house that has a recently remodeled kitchen. (new to us, not built new) Although not set up as to my taste it has a pretty good layout and is only a couple years old. Here are my questions:

There is a ceiling to floor pantry set up (it is one on top of the other not one continuous tall pantry. They are 24 inches deep and the prev. owner put 12 inch adjustable shelves in them - any suggestions for better use of this space? Rev a shelf baskets?

I know they bought at Home Depo in 2005 - previous owners didn't know the brand of the cabinets. I've checked the cabinets and don't see one inside. Do you think I could go to Home Depo and see if they still have it on record - I'm thinking of adding on another cabinet and want it to match.

Lastly, there is a range and above that is a shelf (removable) and then a cabinet over that. The shelf has a film of grease on it so I don't want to use it for anything but I was thinking of removing the shelf and putting in a vent or micro/vent. One thing is that it is on the exterior wall BUT we will be adding a mud room and garage on that side of the house so I cannot vent to the outside b/c I'd have to move it with the renovation. Also to consider I don't love the range b/c the larger of the double ovens is way low to the ground. (bad back) Any suggestions on that area with regard to a new range/microwave? I would have put in double ovens and a rangetop if I remodeled but since they didn't and the remodel isn't that old I'm looking for suggestions on modifying what I currently have.

thanks in advance!

Comments (9)