SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
efc54

Two VERY different layouts--your help, please!

efc54
13 years ago

We are completely redoing our kitchen/laundry/bathroom (you are going to get so sick of me:) ). We will be moving in about 3 years, so we want to make the area buyer-appealing. MY GC has come up with several very different ideas, and I'd really appreciate your thoughts. In all of them, we've moved the laundry area to the far end, away from the dining room, and added a shower so that people can rinse off when they come in from the pool. The biggest question is what to do about a table. In a previous post, most GW-ers agreed a table was desirable, and my GQ thinks so too. But I'm having trouble figuring out where to put it.

The first drawing shows our current layout, and the other three show different possibilities (2 pretty similar). I apologize for the poor quality of the images--my GQ just sketched them in pencil; didn't want to do more permanent until I had some clear preferences. But this is just the stage at which I could really use some help. Thanks!

Current layout. You enter from the dining room to the left. At the top is a door to the backyard/pool area. We found we never used the table at the far end, except to dump stuff on:

1st option, although I think we've already decided to switch the laundry and shower areas. I like having the cooktop and hood in that space between the 2 windows:

2nd option, which takes the table out of the entry area and replaces it with a banquet next to the bathroom. I'm not sure where the cooktop will go:

3rd option, which is similar to the first except it bumps out the area where the table would be (more $$!). I'm not sure I want to have a table there, but I like having the long run at the bottom:

Thank you so much!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022