SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penelopejosephine

2nd attempt to post layout for critique

penelopejosephine
14 years ago

Hi,

I unsuccessfully posted our layout earlier. Hopefully this will work. I'm copying my comments on what we've done to help understand what we're working with.

Thanks for your help!

We have our plans far enough along to interview contractors and get initial pricing. I'd love feedback on layout before we start handing it over to cabinet makers.

Here's a little background to the kitchen:

* We're staying inside the existing footprint of the house. We are removing a coat closet in the mudroom to allow putting the island back further. We are leaving the chimney and laundry chute that are between the fridge and the island.

* Our (tiny) existing kitchen nook is being converted to a walk-in pantry and space to build in a mudroom storage bench as you enter the backdoor. We feel we'll gain more with the extra storage and use seating at the island more than we ever use the nook.

* We have learned that we need two more inches for the built-in MW drawer, so we'll have to steal two inches from the sink base cabinet (31" instead of 33").

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but this is a start. I appreciate all of your feedback and help...I'd definitely rather be making mistakes now, when they are still fixable, rather than later :)

Comments (8)