SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

critique 2nd round of plans please :)

laurensmom21
11 years ago

I'm back again :) Here's our 2nd round with our new architect. If you remember from last time, we had the 3 car garage that stuck way out in front. We asked him to split the garages and create a breezeway to go between them. However, this makes the little 1 car garage look a little tiny so now we're thinking of making that a double also... This house keeps growing - ugh! And of course it would be stupid to build a garage and not utilize the space upstairs, so I'm hoping to talk dh into at least framing out space in the upstairs of that garage also. who knows at this point...

My biggest worry about this plan is I might not have enough wall space for furniture placement (which is what I hate about my current house). What do you guys think? Also, I think the screen porch may need to be bigger. I envision spending all our time out there and we have extended family close by which would put us at 6 adults and 6 kids hanging out on the porch. I want to have room for a dining area and lounging area. What is a good size for a screen porch?

Also what do you think about moving the stairs to where the pantry is and making them a straight run? would that free up some space to make the laundry rm bigger and turn into more of a multi-purpose room?

all suggestions are greatly appreciated! thank you :)

{{gwi:1501066}}

{{gwi:1501067}}

{{gwi:1501068}}

Comments (15)