SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewkuhn

X-Post - Please Critique My Lighting Plan!

Andrew K.
9 years ago

GW,
Hello everyone - first time in the home decorating forum (I previously thought I wouldn't be here until later in the build process!) but another kind member asked me to post here for feedback (and a smart call it was).

I've got my electrician doing rough electrical next week and still working on perfecting the lighting layout. I didn't draw electrical outlets to somewhat clear up the pages and please ask questions if something doesn't make sense or isn't clear.

I'm also posting the elevations to help you get a feel for the overall home. Thanks in advance!

Andrew

========
A little bit about the house: 3100 sq ft, 4 Bed, 3.5 Bath, traditional style house on 3 above grade levels. Think White kitchen, dark hardwoods, lots of gray/white color scheme with marble, and lots of woodwork and trim. (Coiffured ceilings, wainscoting, etc.) The back will have a 300sq. ft. covered (but open patio with a grill (or fireplace/tv) built into a stone wall on the open side of the house.

Elevation will be using real stone veneer on front & chair rail all the way around house with ledge stone sills, and hardie straight shingle & siding in a Green/Stone/Cream/Bronze color palate.

All of that background info out of the way - here is the lighting schmatic as I have it now. All interior recessed cans will be 4" LEDs.

Exterior Elevations:
-Elevation will be using real stone veneer on front & chair rail all the way around house with ledge stone sills, and hardie straight shingle & siding in a Green/Stone/Cream/Bronze color palate:

Exterior Elevation
{{gwi:2144196}}

First Floor:
-8'3" First Floor Ceilings
-12" Large Pendants over Island (Calcutta Super White Quartzite
-6" Cans on Outdoor Patio (through double french doors)
-9 Section Coiffured Ceiling in Great Room (Center Rectangle Larger
-9 Section (Squares) Coiffured Ceiling in Library/Den

1st Floor - Version 1.1
{{gwi:2144197}}

Second Floor:
-Please ask if specific questions on lighting for 2nd Floor or drawing doesn't make sense.

2nd Floor - Version 1.1
{{gwi:2144198}}

Third Floor:
-Primarily used as Exercise / Chill space.
-6" Can in center - Vaulted Ceiling
-4" Cans in Dormers
-Stairway will not be full walls but rather a 1/2 wall or stair rail as entire space is open loft area with most likely daybed/pull out couch.

3rd Floor - Version 1.1
{{gwi:2144199}}

I really look forward to "best practices" or tips of "things I wish I would have done different" advice from experience.

Thanks in advance, this truly is the best site on the internet for those of us building/renovating homes!

Andrew

This post was edited by AndrewDK on Wed, Feb 4, 15 at 18:52

Comments (9)