SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mklee01

Please referee our layout debate

13 years ago

DH and I need a referee. We've gone round and round on our kitchen/great room/ laundry room layout till our heads are spinning. Please help. Here's a little bit about us.

We are building a new home. We both love to cook. When we entertain, there are often 2 or more cooks in the kitchen. We have decided on a 48 inch range/oven and 48 inch refrigerator.

We want a floor plan that will provide lots of seating/eating/entertaining space. Although we want our friends and family in the kitchen, we want to keep them out of the cooking area. We also have 2 very young children and a large dog. Happy chaos is a good description for our household on a daily basis.

We would really love to hear the thoughts of all you GW's out there re the kitchen/pantry/laundry layout. We are also debating the placement of the fireplace, so if you have any thoughts on this topic please share!

I've learned so much from this forum. Thanks for all of you that post. Now if you can settle our layout stand off, both DH and I will be forever in your collective debt. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Study B & C

Comments (8)