SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missmuffet_gw

Help - please check my layout

missmuffet
13 years ago

Hi all,

In the past I posted my original thoughts and your responses helped a lot. I came up with the layout below and really like it for our lifestyle. The thing is, I need to finalize my plans ASAP. It took us nearly a year to get to demo, but now that it is started I'm way behind in ordering the cabinets!!! Can you take a look to see if there are any major design flaws?

All of the kitchen space will be on the far side of my open greatroom (so there is a lot of open area past the island). On the left side of the floor will be sliding doors with a nice view - I want to keep my table space here. To the right side is a very large bay window.

My drawings aren't perfect and so I now realize that the one that goes to 8 feet high only really shows 7 and the space from counter to cabinet is odd (as is the height of the fridge). But are there any other concerns?

I guess I should add that the last cabinet in the row "A" will actually be facing the sliding door and will have faux doors on the side by the fridge. The second wall cabinets "B" are for a small wall to the right. That wall will act as our office/junk area and visually blocks the pantry (which will need to be divided with a broom closet that has the circuit box in it).

Things for you to know - I'm ok with the stove and sink across from each other. Most of the time there won't be more than one of us in there. Also, I'm not too worried if the run needs to go an extra inch or two here or there, as we've got 9 feet on the table side. I will be paying close attention to the DW and range doors to assure they don't collide. Other than that, please don't let me make a major error.

Thanks,

Miss Muffet

Comments (9)