SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Please check my plans for oven choice and layout

10 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are trying to move along with our kitchen design and need to nail down the oven choices and locations. The best space for our ovens seems to be on the outside wall under a slightly raised counter (42 3/4 inch counter). We have bought an older model Gaggenau steam oven that we got at a discount as a floor model (model number ED 231 610). I have read good reviews here on the Electrolux Icon wall oven. Reviews here have let me know the easy roll out racks will help with the ergonomics of an undercounter wall oven install. I have also read good things about the Bosch wall ovens which I think can be installed right under the counter to keep the oven as high as possible. Does anyone know which oven might be better suited for an undercounter install?

Also, do you see any problems with installing either oven (Bosch or Electrolux) right beside the steam oven? BTW, Gaggenau has reassured us that the steam oven can be installed this low as long as our plumber can drop the plumbing so it drains properly (which looks possible).

The last question relates to the cabinet sizes for these ovens. Right now we show the regular oven in a 31 inch frameless cabinet. The steam oven is shown in a 27 inch frameless cabinet. We will likely reduce the oven to a 30 cabinet to save an inch and avoid a custom cabinet. Do these cabinet dimenstions make sense?

BTW, the little metal drawer under the steam oven is just a drawer we drew in so the two ovens would look more matched in height (it is not a warming drawer which we will have elsewhere. Hopefully we will be able to get a metal drawer made.

The only other appliance shown is the Fridgidaire twin all fridge. Any opinions on this choice for an all fridge are also welcome.

Below shows the outside wall of our proposed kitchen with the ovens. The smaller oven on the right is the steam oven with a metal drawer below. The steam oven is hinged on the left.

Let me know if you see any issues with this oven set-up.

Thanks!

Carol

Comments (16)