SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

please check out my revised layout

kateskouros
15 years ago

i decided i'd try out two islands to create better flow and traffic patterns. i originally had planned a 10'x6' great barrier reef with fridge and freezer all the way across from the main sink, on the other side of the island.

i've moved the fridge and freezer to the other side on the same wall as main sink and dishwashers. while they are far from each other i don't see a problem with them in day to day usage. i have a large garbage center (regular garbage as well as recyclables in the left island, with another garbage pail planned under the sink. each island is 6'x3.5'. i need the prep sink closest to the baking center since i normally wash hands frequently while working with dough, etc... in thinking about it, i don't see the need to have it closest to the range since i don't normally stick my hands in a hot pan. i plan on prepping veggies on the counter between main sink and fridge. anyway, i think this plan works out a lot better. ...and a little background: i don't care to move the sink or range. i'm married to their locations and really prefer to look out to the yard from the sink. about seating in the islands: i didn't plan on so much seating in the kitchen, but after attending three parties last week and another this evening, it can't be a bad thing since everyone was standing around in the kitchen and only moving to other areas of the house much later into the events. i'm actually loving the idea of two islands. what do you think?

click on the photo to see the layout. THANK YOU.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH