SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

My Kitchen - Before and After Styling

redroze
13 years ago

Beekeeperswife had an excellent post on her kitchen photo shoot with tips on styling and the results of her styling clearly made her kitchen look even more amazing. DH and I decided to have fun and hire a designer (the same one who did the plans for our kitchen and bathrooms) to do styling in our kitchen. It was more DH's idea than mine, as I was really really hesitant in getting someone else to pick items that we didn't find ourselves. Can you give me your honest opinions on which version you like better? Not sure if it reflects my style - My look is more old-fashioned and romantic whereas the designer's look was more clean and modern - at least I think so.

I'm not sure if I liked the styling and wonder if it's because I didn't pick the items myself. We didn't give any direction on the style so it was all the designer's ideas. Also, I am really, really particular (read: picky) and have trouble finding anything with the exact look I like! I definitely didn't like the faux plants the designer put it, but if the look works I can always replace them with real plants. Btw, we returned everything that we didn't think would work.

All feedback is welcome!!

Before styling (I blurred the photos as I'm still paranoid about security/weird people on the Internet...lurkers rather than regular GWers):

After styling:

Comments (24)