SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okpokesfan

layout advise please

okpokesfan
11 years ago

WE are getting to the final stages of our houseplan plan and I am very happy with it. However, there are a few things I would like to tweak in the kitchen. I've posted on here before and received a few good suggestions. We've changed it up a little bit though so thought I would get a few last minute specific suggestions.

HEre's the plan

The family room is the right and is completely open. The dining room is to the top--also open to the kitchen. Both doorways lead to the mudroom. I don't think we need to the one on the right but DH does so make your suggestions as if it is staying.

My concerns: Generally I like this layout with the exception of one thing--I'm not sure about having the sink in the island. The island is 8 foot long so when you put a 32" sink in it that doesn't leave much counter space on each side for baking, prep work, etc. I currently have a 10' island with nothing in it so I'm used to a big workspace. I have thought of making the island deeper but am not sure how that would work with slab granite. (currently we have a two tier island that is Formica).

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor