SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

Huge obvious seam in Quartz counter - Minuet

elphaba_gw
9 years ago

I've also posted this in another thread about Minuet. But wanted to make sure the subject of "seams" gets "front and center" attention.

I am very disappointed. Countertops were finished. Everything is great except a very conspicuous seam in a very visible section of the countertop between cleanup sink and adjacent wall. Fabricator says he can't do anything about it. He says that with regular silestone, a matching epoxy can be purchased for the particular quartz you have purchased. This is not the case for Minuet he says. He says it has to be custom matched and he says what I have is the best they could do in matching.

I see in the Viatera documentation, it says that before joining two sections, one should clean each edge with alcohol. I don't remember seeing or smelling any alcohol. Could leaving out this step be enough to cause the seam to be so dark? The fabricator pointed out to me that in the middle of the seam is a white streak. He says the problem is that the edges are darker than the color of the epoxy used. But since the Minuet varies, no one color is going to prevent some kind of contrast causing the seams to be very visible even had they gone with a darker white.

If I would have known there was going to be a seam this visible, I would definitely not have purchased Minuet. So I'm warning others. My fabricator also didn't give me an option to participate in where the seams would be located. This one is very near a very large very bright window which doesn't help (but at night, the seams under the LED ceiling lights is still very bad.) He says because of the length of the slabs, there was very little choice where to put seam.

My fabricator said he has never installed Minuet before. He said if I came with a solution suggested by someone, he would ask his guys to come back and give it a try to attempt to minimize the seam.

Anyone have any ideas on something that could be done?

This picture was taken at sundown so no bright sunlight:

Comments (23)