SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Solid surface Quartz counter seam - should I be able to feel it?

peggross1
16 years ago

Hi. My counters have been in for a couple of weeks, but we aren't living there and there is still a lot of work being done, so they have been covered and protected. What I've seen of them so far is beautiful to look at - I simply love my choice of Caesarstone Raven; it's better than the Pietra Cardosa that I originally thought I loved. (Very different, but with the same overall dark gray effect I was going for. The ease of care makes it even more beautiful in my eyes!)

Anyway, the reason I am posting is that yesterday while discussing an issue with a to-the-counter upper cabinet not resting on the countertop (I just never stop complaining), I noticed that my seam, although very narrow, is not flush. It looked like I could feel the seam, so I felt it and yes, it is very obvious to the touch.

Am I unrealistic thinking that I shouldn't be able to tell where my seams are if I rub the counter with eyes closed? To me, if feels like that is where dirt and water will accumulate when cleaning; like a little trench. I thought one of the advantages of quartz surfacing is that seams are much less noticeable than in natural stones.

The GC was there with me and said he'd have the fabricator come back and try to work on it, which is good. But, I wanted to get a reality check about my expectations from others with Quartz counters.

Can you feel your seams?

Comments (12)