SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boysrus2

Ranting .... I'm in hardwood floor HE- - !

boysrus2
15 years ago

My 3-day hardwood job has turned into a 3 week hardwood nightmare. Got red oak put down in my FR and sanded down the KIT and BR to stain and poly rooms together. Few issues with laying wood and staining, but now they can't get the bloody oil-based poly right. I want a little shine - not totally satin and not the wet look. Fine, no problem he tells me.

1st coat - apply semi-gloss, find dried poly puddles, dull finish.

2nd coat - Lets change to mix of semi & gloss now, re-buff, apply and get PERFECT finish; however, poly puddles again, and we discover a rotted board

3rd coat - replace rotted board, sand, re-buff, re-poly with mix again, finish has gone back to dull again. How can this be???

Conversation with hardwood guy: Don't know what you want. Want you to be happy. Will come out personally to oversee job.

4th coat today - re-buff, apply mix of semi & gloss. Come home tonight 7 hours later and I've got a high gloss wet look and they missed a spot that stands out like a sore thumb because it's dull!

I'm so sad I couldn't talk to DH whose out-of-town about it. Hardwood floor guy LM on machine. Haven't called back because I can't bear to speak to him right now. I can imagine the conversation and the slant of it will be how difficult I am.

The stink is horrendous and my eyes are burning as I write this.

Any words of wisdom?????

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH