SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Considering some upgrades need feedback

rjinga
14 years ago

First of all this is a starter home and one that we do not intend to stay in, however, it's pretty basic and I've gone room by room decorating, re-doing floors, painting etc.

The kitchen is predominately WHITE, with a whole bunch of white laminate covered cabinets. The countertops are a formica type material, very neutral beigy sand speckled color, I'd like to change this, and most likely will purchase a similiar material, but something a bit darker. The appliances are black, the original intent was that our WHITE side by side had some defrost issues and we intended to buy a new one, meanwhile, I purchased a new DW and free standing ceramic top range which is all black) the fridge now has been fixed, but I will still need to find a black refrigerator to match the rest.

OR: question one, would it be completely tacky to have the fridge white? and the others black?, the layout of the kitchen is such that neither appliance is on the same wall. If that makes any difference.

The cabinets door facings are actually in decent condition (with some basic touch ups on the base cabinet and new knobs (albeit they are WHITE) I've considered having them painted, and that may still happen. but first I would love to get some feedback on whether or not I can do these darker colors and keep the white cabinets, without it looking hideous.

Again, the goal here is to make an improvement but it will definitely be shoe string.

So the flooring, I have found laminate material that resembles slate, it's pretty, very warm, rich colors...see pic below:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

white cabinets:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Counter tops could be a wood look? I know there are many options out there that would look nice.

Comments (12)